Saturday, September 13, 2008

Exploring Lake Pend Orielle, Idaho


Over the Last couple of months I've been introduced to the southern tip of Lake Pend Oreille.

I've visited the NorthWest area, Sandpoint is one of my favorite spots.

But Sailing from Bayview, at the southern tip, i found out the the Lake is far larger than i ever understood


Newport, WA

Sandpoint, ID

Bayview, ID

Views from ButtonHook Bay


Bruce's Sailboat, moored at Buttonhook, as we hike around a bit.














Bruce and Kodi
Overlooking the Lake, Bayview out of the photo, to the right.
The Structure in the water is a Navy Building that houses Submarine Prototypes
See next Blog Post for explanation
Bayview from above



Sailing on a sunny day, my first glimpse at the enormity of Lake Pend Oreille



Kodi and I
Floating Houses in Bayview


















No comments: