Monday, May 22, 2006

Thought I'd Stop In and Say Hello

I figure by now, people have given up on me and this Blog, but I haven't had internet service access, and still don't have it at home. I've been living on four acres 6 miles north of downtown Newport, following the river home, the scenery leaves me in awe, every single day. I'm still in my Airstream, without water or electricity. I finally bought a generator, for when I feel like watching a movie, or need to charge up the battery. So, no, I am not going completely without lites, The battery keeps lights running for days on end if necessary.

It was below freeing when I first moved up there, and I have never bothered to see if the propane heaters work So a good Wool Pendleton blanket warmed me through the long cold nights.

Spring finally decided to arrive a couple of weeks ago. In St.Louis, I was used to seeing flowers in March, yet here, I didn't see any until mid April. The trees didn't blossom until two weeks ago, and until last week, nights still plumetted in to the 30's and 40's.

There's plenty of work to be done on the property, so when I'm not enjoying an almost daily bonfire, I'm busy cutting down dead trees, or the seemingly hundreds that are already on the ground. But late at night, when the moon is even just half, it's so bright, I need not carry a flashlight to walk around. The stars sparkle by the millions, there, and feels as though I'm closer to the sky than I've ever been before.

I started a new job several months ago. It's a simple job with a smaller owner run company, but for the first time in a while, I look forward to getting up and heading to work. I'm in the sales office of a High Visibility Safety Apparel manufacturer, located 5 miles out of Newport, in Priest River Idaho. ( www.safetyline.com ). Best translated as selling reflective vests and jackets that you may see on a highway construction worker. I've been learning everything there is to do here, beyond the office, and I joke around that I will be indespensable to them, knowing how to do it all. The pay is not that great, but considerably good for Idaho standards. The return of having a job that I love, weighs out the income rate.

I've been biking and hiking, and exploring, as always. But lately I've been reading like mad. I can't wait to finish one book, and jump to the next. I just finished Dean Koontz' VELOCITY. It was pretty darn good. There's a paragraph I found that I liked, and thought I'd share.

" There are days of doubt, more often lonely nights, when even the devout wonder if they are heirs to a greater kingdom than this earth and if they will know mercy-or if instead they are only animals like any other, whith no inheritance exept the wind and the dark. "

Several weeks ago I left my car unlocked, and my grandfathers fishing poles, my cooler, chairs, camera, and several other things were stolen... Not happy, but what can ya do? But luckily my camera was insured (thanks Matt) and it is being replaced with a newer model, and better memory card... So, thanks to whomever stole the camera, you did me some good. Although there were some 400 pictures that I did not get downloaded, that I will never recover.

Not much really left to speak of for now. I only have a few pictures to share, but they didn't want to download, I'll try again later.

Until next time.....

No comments: