Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My Fascination with Airstreams.

Shortly after purchasing my First Airstream, this 1968 Airstream Safari. 22 Ft. Long, hitch to bumber. This is the one this I still currenly own, and yes, live in. Here it is parked in front of my house that I had in St.Louis.


Here is the same one.... parked in front of the St.Louis Arch , and at the Eads Bridge, which is immediately North of the Arch.





This is the finished product of the Second Airstream that I purchased, three months after the first one. This is a 1976 Airstream Overlander. Polished to a semi mirror finish. This took several months of polishing, using Aircraft Aluminum polish, a four step process, with three steps for step for each of the four steps, so I guess that makes it a 12 step program. These photos were shot in a ghost town on the Texas Oklahoma border, and at a Route 66 motel in New Mexico.

These were taken a few hours away from Las Vegas. We stopped in a campground in the middle of nowhere. It was beautiful.

The same 1976 Overlander, 27' from hitch to bumper. I'm not sure where this was taken.














These are my three babies. on the Left is the third of my collection, a 1964 Airstream Overlander, 26' Hitch to bumper. In the middle is the 1968 Safari, 22' hitch to bumper, which I still have, and the 1976 Overlander, 27' hitch to bumper. And there's me in the middle. Don't forget you can double click on any picture to enlarge.

Here's the third, the '64 Overlander, used for a promotional 'Flamingo' sale at ' THE BUG STORE' a home and garden shop in St.Louis.


These are photos from my first Airstream Rally in June of 2004, with the '68 Safari. It took place several hours NorthEast of St.Louis, at Moraine View State Park, in LeRoy, IL


This is my JOEY... The Airstream I currently live in. It's bright and colorful !!!
Here's the Kitchen in the Safari, just accross is the Couch that turns into a Full Size Bed.
And in the front of the Safari, is the Dining room. With a fold up table, and the two couches turn into twin beds. So, yes, this little baby can accomodate 4, if need be. THe bathroom, located in the rear, has a shower, sink, and toilet, all cramed into a 4' X 7' area. Very Cozy!

No comments: