Friday, November 18, 2005

OK, enought pictures for a second.

Well, Finally broke down and went to the job service in Sandpoint Idaho, aprox. 35 minutes from here. The job service, which seems to be the only way to get a job up here, will find some nice factory, or saw mill job for me. .. I hope, I'm flat broke.

I am starting as a bouncer at Dempseys Brass Rail, the gay bar in Spokane, on December 2nd, but to start, they only have Friday nights open, so from 8 p.m. until 4 a.m. I'll be makin' $9./hr, which is still great pay for this territory. I'm helping with a few christmas decorations at the bar owners house next week. We spent the day driving around so they could show me the look they want for their new tree, and I get to create it. I love spending other peoples money to decorate. So, I'm excited. I could use another creative outlet.

If you saw my trees from the bar (scroll down, way down, they're there) the bar loved them, and we turned them into 'Fall trees' (also know as just add a few leaves) Pretty funny if you ask me. WHo knew, I was just putting them up for a week.
-



The weather here has been cold, and pretty cloudy. But, even though it's been warm back home in St.Louis, Missouri, it sounds like they're payin for it now.....Heh! It may ne cold, but it's beautiful here. As you've all seen.

OK, I'm watching the news, and the weather man is talking about his "the worlds first ever 3-D weather forcast!!!!" on Nov. 29th. Whatever. I might be busy that day...LOL..... He must have been really bored, or just making up for giving bad weather forecasts.

Still VERY happy here in my Airstream. All others have pulled out of here, even the other Airstream, accept for two of us, and the Couple that watches the place, and their son.

I have signed up to become a member, which costs a fortune, but no more than I was paying in monthly rent. Therefore, I can use the clubhouse, which is very nice, with a television, full kitchen, tables, chairs, etc. and I can use, most importantly, the hot tub, which will be full until December. Wonder if I can convince them to do otherwise...Leave it on later, so when there's three feet of snow on the ground, and you can't see more than a few feet in front of you due to the further downpour of snow, I can kick back and relax in style.

I've been enjoying working on the computer, reading, or just relaxing to the sounds of my alltime favorite, Nina Simone, and others such as Frank Sinatra, Anita O'Day, and some of the other greats. I go through periods from Country to Jazz, to Oldies, to some of the modern greats.

Iv'e been working on some of my creative side to. Designing some new greeting cards that will inevitably cost too much to produce. I have another few ideas, but they'll all come in time, and I may even call on you, my friends, to help spread the word.

OK, Matt just called and gas in St.Louis is only $1.93... whatever!!!! then, he mentioned that he was eating pizza tonight, hmm... wish I could afford pizza, instead of eating old poptarts every darn day.

Sorry about that.

So, I bought some great cards prior to leaving St.Louis with some VERY powerful statements on them, so, I'm going to share them, because they are so incredibly true.

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF
LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF
(UNKOWN)

DO SOMETHING
TODAY WHICH
THE WORLD
MAY TALK OF
HEREAFTER

(admiral collingwood)

WHATEVER YOU CAN DO,
OR DREAM YOU CAN,
BEGIN IT.
BOLDNESS HAS
GENIUS, POWER
AND MAGIC IN IT
(goethe)

LIVE
TO THE POINT
OF TEARS

(camus)

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE
TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
(george eliot)
THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES
BEGINS WITH ONE STEP
(lao tzu)
DO
ONE
THING
EVERY
DAY
THAT
SCARES
YOU
(Eleanor Roosevelt)
I hope you enjoy my blog. It's nice to be able to share with the people who take the time to read it, from so far away. Save the sayings above somewhere, because they are so very true to the way that, at least I feel, everyone should think about living their lives..... And Kudos to Eleanor for making such a BOLD statement!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Brother. I like your blog. This is the 1st time I have seen it - might be because you didn't tell me about it silly. Those are great quotes. I am going to hang them in my office with my other favorites - like, "Most of us go to our graves with our music still inside of us" and "Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open".

Want me to call and order you a pizza? =) Just give me the phone number for the nearest pizza joint and I will do it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ronnie, I agree with your sister. Did you give her the number of the nearest pizza joint? You could send it to me, too. I just love the pictures, the perfect place to spend Christmas. I love reading your blog, and all your good advice. You are a great son. Mom