Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Spokane, Washington






It's a warm 46 here today, so after a brief walk to the post office, I decided that kayaking is out of the question. It's been raining and cloudy for days, and it seems like todays sun is all I'll see for a while.

I have had the good fortune of a tour of some beautiful spots in Spokane. I was amazed when I arrived for my first visit that there were so many beautiful parks. It seems at every corner there was another park. All very well mantained, trash cans are plentiful in public areas to cut down on litter. I don't yet know the history of Spokane, but I wanted to share with you some photos from my tour.

There are incredible bridges that span the Spokane River, which runs right through the city. The newly renovated gondolas will take you right down to the Falls, which I imagine boasts a breathtaking view.










The Large Park right down town has a skating rink, the clock tower, fountains, wonderful sculptures, a carousel and more. It was great walking through the park one afternoon around lunchtime. It seems the people of Spokane use the park a great deal, for an afternoon stroll, or just a nice lunch spot.







Image on the left, is overlooking the city from Rimrock Park. You can see for miles....

1 comment:

Bryan said...

I LIVE THERE!!!